Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 949-752-7474
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc.

Preventing Orange County Car Crashes: What To Do If Your Car Has A Safety Defect?

Blog Category:
James E. Ballidis
Comments (0)
There have been 69 vehicle recalls since March 1.  With all the car recalls that are going on, you may wonder what you can do if your vehicle has a safety defect.  If there is something wrong with your vehicle and you believe that it is a safety concern, you can do the following:
1.  Check the manufacturer's web site to check for recalls.
2. If there is no recall, contact your dealer.  Let the dealer know of your safety issue.  If your car is still under warranty, the dealer should fix the problem at no charge.  If your car is not under warranty, keep the receipt.  If a recall is issued later, the manufacturer should reimburse you for the fix.

3. Report your concern to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA).  You can either call the toll free number, 888-327-4236, or go to the website.   The NHTSA follows up on car safety complaints and the more reports it gets, the more likely that there will be an official investigation.  
If a safety defect in your car causes an accident or injury, you may have an Orange County accident claim against the vehicle's manufacturer.  To learn more, contact the Newport Beach personal injury attorneys at Allen, Flatt, Ballidis and Leslie: 866-981-5596.

Category: Car Accidents

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Preventing Orange County Car Crashes: What To Do If Your Car Has A Safety Defect?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Live Chat