7/11/2011Every year, more than 3,000 people drown in the U.S. According to the Orange County Fire Authority, sixteen people in Orange County have drowned so far this year. However, the swimming season has just started.
Most drowning deaths are preventable. The OCFA and the Orange County wrongful death attorneys at Allen, Flatt, Ballidis and Leslie offer these drowning prevention tips.
These tips should be used in built-in pools, spas, inflatable pools and at the beach or lake.
1. Pools should be fenced and have a pool alarm. They should be kept covered when not in use.
2. Always assign an adult to watch the children. The adult should avoid distractions, especially cell phone use or texting.
3. When swimming, have a swimming buddy and look out for each other.
4. Never combine drinking and swimming.
5. Never dive into unfamiliar water. Always jump feet first.
6. Wear a life jacket when boating.
7. Be prepared for an emergency.
We hope these tips will help you and your loved ones enjoy the water and have a safe and happy summer.
For information about drowning and wrongful death lawsuits, contact Allen, Flatt, Ballidis and Leslie at 866-981-5596.
Category: Wrongful Death
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Swim Safe: Seven Tips To Prevent Drowning Deaths in Orange County"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."