California Car Accident Facts for 2007
If you have been involved in a car accident in California, you are not alone. However, if you get the wrong lawyer, you could be left alone and financially or physically devastated. Read on for some valuable answers, but first some interesting facts.
Hundreds of thousands of auto accidents occur in the Golden State every year. The mass number of accidents has partly to do with the fact that the population in California is rather large, but there were additional factors identified in the California Highway Patrol's 2007 California Quick Collision Facts report.
According to the CHP report, in 2007 there were 501,908 car accidents, of which 3,557 were fatal, 184,994 were injury and 313,357 involved only property damage.
The following interesting facts were published in the report:
- 3,967 people were killed in car accidents and 802 of these individuals were not using safety equipment.
- 192,387 people were injured in auto accidents and 13,378 were not using safety equipment.
- A person died every two hours and twelve minutes from a traffic accident.
- A person was injured every one minute and 58 seconds from a motor vehicle accident.
- The primary collision factor was speed in 28.5 percent of fatal and injury accidents.
- Since September 12, 2000, California has had at least one traffic fatality each day.
- Alcohol was a factor in 20,877 injury collisions and 1,347 fatal accidents.
There are many lessons that can be learned from the information included in the 2007 CHP report, including the importance of seat belts. Also, many accidents can be prevented if drivers avoid speeding and drunk driving.
If you have been injured, before you do anything, investigate and select the right attorney. Request our free book "Avoid Lawyer Advertising Hype, a Lawyer's method for selecting a lawyer. " It will provide you with valuable information on how to find the right lawyer, one that specializes in your type of case, is qualified and you can check them out with the State Bar of California. It is free to accident victims in California by calling this number, 866-981-5596 or requesting the book by email. You can also obtain a copy of the book from Amazon for $19.95.
Our office specializes in seriously injured accident victims. We must limit our practice to allow us to give the best possible representation to all our clients. If you have been injured in a car accident in California, and you wish us to consider your case, please feel free to contact us to discuss your case. If we cannot help you directly, we may be able to advise you on other lawyers who could help you. Call an experienced Orange County accident lawyer at the law office of Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc. at 866-981-5596 for legal advice. Protect your right to compensation for your injuries.
* California Highway Patrol's 2007 California Quick Collision Facts