Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 949-752-7474
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc.

How Can An Orange County Car Crash Attorney Help Me If I am Injured While A Passenger In A Car?

After an Orange County car crash, there may be bickering among the drivers' separate insurance companies regarding who is at fault and who is liable for accident damages. However, there is one person who is rarely at fault for a car accident, the passenger.  
When a car crash occurs, passengers often sustain the most serious injuries.  Common passenger injuries include:

  • Head and brain injuries
  • Paralysis
  • Spine injuries
  • Fractures
  • Joint injuries
  • Burns
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Death
If you were injured while riding as a passenger in California, you may be facing costly medical bills at a time that you are too injured to work.  How will you pay these bills?
Whether your California car accident was caused by a driver who hit the vehicle you were riding in or by the driver you were riding with, in almost every case, as an injured passenger, you are entitled to compensation for your medical costs, pain and suffering and other losses.  Figuring out where the compensation comes from can be a challenge.
When a passenger is injured in a car or truck accident, there may be multiple sources of available compensation - for example, insurance of the driver of the car you were riding in, the other driver's insurance and your own insurance plan.  There may also be outside sources for compensation such as the agency in charge of maintaining a road or a bar that served a drunk driver.
An Orange County car accident attorney can help determine who is liable for your injuries. 
We understand that if the responsible driver is your friend or co-worker, asking for insurance compensation can be awkward or uncomfortable. However, if you don't bring a claim, you could end up paying thousands of dollars for your medical expenses.  Paying for injuries is the purpose of insurance; you are not attacking your friend or bringing a claim against your friend's personal assets, you are simply filing for insurance compensation. 
Because insurance companies tend to low-ball accident injury claims, you may need to file a lawsuit to get fair insurance compensation; again, you are filing against the insurance company, not your friend.   
An experienced Orange County car accident attorney can evaluate your California accident claim and help ensure your interests are protected.  For more information, contact Allen, Flatt, Ballidis and Leslie at 866-981-5596 and ask to schedule a free consultation.

Live Chat