Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 949-752-7474
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc.

If my insurance company is not giving me the treatment approval I need for my accident injuries what can I do? A California accident and personal injury attorney guides you through the process.


Health insurance companies are routinely denying coverage for various medical procedures that should be covered after an automobile accident.  Depending on the severity of the injury, here are some recommendations that should be tried by the client if you feel you want to handle this matter without hiring an attorney.  Of course if you want to hire an attorney, call us at 1-866-981-5596.

To get approval of the treatment through your health insurance, the following steps should be taken:

1.    Read your plan and determine what process you should use to complain about denial of coverage.
2.    Understand the appeals process and bring a claim for appeal if the denial of coverage is unjustified.
3.    Have your doctor contact or write a letter on your behalf explaining why the treatment is necessary and why it should be a part of your medical protocol.
4.    The squeaky wheel sometimes gets the oil so write frequently and often and continue up the chain of command until you get approval.
5.    Don’t hesitate in a California accident to contact the California Department of Human Resources as well as the state HMO governing board.  Their claims process is lengthy, but can provide a real resolution or solution to a problem.

We offer free medical resolution management of health insurance coverage issues, because they are an integral part of seeing that our client receives a fair and just resolution to their personal injury case. 

If you have been the victim of an automobile accident and your insurance company is not approving the treatment you need, contact a California personal injury attorney for help at 1-866-981-5596.

Live Chat