Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 949-752-7474
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc.

Uninsured Motorist claims and when to bring them in California!

Many clients ask what an uninsured motorist claim is and when to bring one.  There are two types of uninsured motorist claims; claims where the driver that caused your accident has no insurance and claims when the driver that hit you does not have enough insurance.  Both will be discussed for you.  If you have any questions call a California uninsured motorist claim attorney at 1 866-981-5596.  We have handled over 1000 claims in the firm history and we can help you with your claim also.

Uninsured motorist claims

If a driver has no insurance, caused an accident and injured you, you may have an uninsured motorist claim.  First, review your policy or have us do it for you.  Your policy of auto insurance will list your coverage and one will be called U/M or uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist coverage.  The police limits are listed as per accident and per occurrence.  Thus if your policy says 15.000/30.000 you have $15,000 per accident of coverage available to you.  If you cannot tell or are having trouble, call us and we will tell you how to look for free.  Call 1 888 752-7474. 

To make this type of claim, you must prove to the insurance company that the other driver was not insured.  You can have an uninsured motorist attorney do it for you or you can send a form to the California DMV (SR19).  The department will investigate and inform you if the other driver had no insurance. 

If you can show the other driver had no insurance then you can make a claim against your insurance company and they will pay what the other driver should have paid you.  They do not raise your rates if the accident was not your fault.  If you cannot agree on a settlement, then an abbreviated arbitration is conducted to get you the compensation you deserve.  You can hire us to handle your claim easily and efficiently and to make sure you receive the best and most fair settlement.  Call us at 1 888 752-7474 for immediate help.

Underinsured motorist claim.

This type of claim arises when the other party does not have enough insurance to compensate you fully.  If you have a lot of medical bills and the other party only has the minimum of insurance required in the state, then there is a good likelihood that you will have an uninsured motorist claim.  However, to make this claim you must first collect the policy limits of the other driver’s insurance policy, and you must have greater underinsured motorist coverage than the policy of the other driver.  Thus if you have $30,000 in coverage and the other driver only has $15,000 in coverage and you case is worth $30,000 you can make a claim against your insurance company for the balance owed after you collect the $15,000 from the other driver.  Your insurance company will then collect that money from the other driver later. 

As with all claims, dealing with an insurance company can be difficult and you want to do it right.  Therefore hire a professional uninsured motorist car accident attorney that has done over 1000 of these claims and can make sure all your needs and rights are met.  Call us at 1 888 752-7474 or Contact us.

Live Chat