Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 949-752-7474
Allen, Flatt, Ballidis & Leslie, Inc.

Bug Fogger is probable cause of infant's death!


Posted on Nov 03, 2009

In South Carolina, a mother called 911 after her two children became ill, a 10 month old and a 2 year old. Elizabeth Whitfield called Sunday to report her children were having trouble breathing.  The children were taken to the hospital, unfortunately the youngest was unable to survive.
Bug foggers are not safe for pets, children or adults.  Like tenting, but obviously in smaller concentrations, everyone should be out of the house for a significant period of time.  Furthermore, foggers have been known to leave a residual on carpets, and  furniture, that can get on a baby's hands and be ingested.  Therefore placing paper down and limiting the use of foggers in an area not frequented by children and babies is a good practice.  Our sympaty for the loss of this child and the pain a mother must endure to have to bury your child.

back to top


Live Chat